Monday, March 23, 2009

Joe Dill

Several years ago when I first began this research, my mother Lillian (Smith) Prough told me about a man that had always owned a store in the Dover area and knew everyone in town. His name was Joe Dill. I called information and got his phone number and gave him a call. He was in his eighties at the time (I spoke with him sometime in 1996 or 97) he was incredibly bright and remembered all my family and had lots of stories to tell. He said that he still worked every day. They sure don't make them like that any more! He also told me that he had lots of pictures that he had accumulated over the years of Stewart county and of many of the people who resided there.
Joe has since passed but if anyone knows his family they may still be in possession of this treasure trove of pictures. Joe also had a care taker; I don't recall her name, but she also may be able to tell us who to contact to look at Joe's prized pictures.

1 comment:

  1. Would love to find out if your were ever able to contact the care giver of Joe, or any of his family

    ReplyDelete