Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Cora Green Viola Baggett



Cora Green Viola Bagget was born on the 12th day of March 1877. She was the first child born to Robertson Bagget Sr. and Rebecca Francis Dowdy. Cora married Andrew Jackson Smith on the 20th day of January 1897 in Stewart County Tennessee. They lived their married live in Cumberland City Tennessee. Andrew and Cora were farmers. Cora and Andrew had eight children. Cora died on the 12th day of October 1925. Andrew died on the 26th day of October 1935 of a heart attack. Both are buried at Scotts Chapel in P. Z. Ridge, near Cumberland City Tennessee.

Cora and Andrew Smith’s Children
1. Elmer Eugene Smith Born 2-2-1906. Married Leona Mae Hicks (b. 11-29-1913 – d. 3-1-1981). Daughter of Milton Otis Hicks and Orie Lee Stalls,(seen earlier) on 10-17-1936 in Dover Tennessee. Died 12-23-1967 (see later).
2. Bertha Smith Born ? Married Robert Clayton Ballard.
3. Gracy Smith Born 1907 Married ? Burns.
4. Irene Smith Born 1910 Married ? Gray.
5. Lillian Smith Born 1904 Married ? Hollis.
6. Alberta Smith Born 1916 Married Albert Hightower.
7. Ethel Ruth Smith Born ? Married Herman Smith.
8. Angelina E. Smith Born 12-17-1909. Married ? Barnes. Died 4-27-1942.

3 comments:

  1. Cora was my Great Grandfather Walter Allen Baggett's Sister. THIS IS GREAT!! I've never seen a picture of her. I remember my Great Grandfather Walter (Walt) and Great Grandmother Artie Vera Smith Baggett VERY WELL!! Thanks for all this research work and the pics. As a Child I saw them almost every weekend and I loved them very much!!
    She made myself & brother balls made of rubber bands and quilt scraps that would bounce and he walked us to the country store in Cumberland City almost every weekend with a Silver Dollar each to spend on Candy, etc. Back in the early 50's, the store still had a candy counter--town all on one main street and I could see the river boats go up & down the Cumberland from their porch. IT WAS GREAT! Walter & Artie Smith Baggett had sons; Adam & Bernard Baggett. Adam was my Grandfather and my Dad is his eldest son, Tony E. Baggett (still living). My Grandfather Adam married Leona Hodges (my Grandmother) of Cumberland City. My Grand parents, Adam & Leona Hodges Baggett had 4 children,: Tony, Hugh, Joyce & Berry Baggett (all Still Surviving). My Grandfather Adam & 2nd wife Indie had a Daughter, Jane Baggett,(Still Surviving). I have picture of Great Grandparents, Grandparents, etc if interested.

    T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes Mike, I would love to see pictures. I am like you, never knew what anyone looked like either. I got these pictures from a relative that has been following the blog too. If there is any way I can further help you, let me know. I love your memories of the family, they are great. In fact any memories you would like to share, would be most welcomed. You can email me at soonerbred66@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is great to see a picture like this of my great grandmother

    ReplyDelete